By Yasen Vedrin
(A Motley Palette)
I grew so used to watching through your eyes –
Deep down, to where your very heart would stay.
I captured all the mornings that would rise
And caressed sunsets at the end of day.
I felt you – burning hot, and filled with rain.
I touched the atmospheres where dreams would start.
I took you – innocent, and blamed with pain.
I envisioned you – with traits, and lines apart.
I loved you – transparent, and wrapped in haze.
I warmed you up amidst the snow and gale.
I dreamed of you – in sad and happy days,
With joys and shadows of a fearful tale.
I thirsted for you – blooming, green and white.
I vowed you to my manly, secret gleam.
I shielded you from autumn’s yellow blight.
I drank you up – both sober and in dream.
You have become my motley palette, true,
Within your shades I found your form and sign.
I grew so used to looking straight at you
And turning all my thoughts into a line.
I fly with you when morning light expands,
And in the sunset fall asleep, inside.
Satiated with love... Yet through the lands
Unsatisfied I wake in you – you in my tide.
No comments:
Post a Comment