Sunday, July 5, 2026

WHY DO I REMEMBER YOU?

By Yasen Vedrin
(Unfaded Memories)

Why does my heaven remember you this way?
You, who gave sunrises to the sunsets’ light.
Were you a crimson rose with drops of spray,
Or just a soul, with tears unconcealed from sight?

Why does the marble inside me hold your trace?
Through rough, coarse touch – so tender and so white.
Will the sharp chisel of unshared desire's space
Sculpture your form just for a parting night?

Why does my sacred dome remember you inside –
Beyond the altar your image to torment?
Are you a cross of love, unknown and wide,
Ready to crucify me when the veil is rent...

Why do I remember you – a craved-for spring,
Jealously guarded in late jugs of my own?
A beautiful love is a last dreaming thing.
Even if I forget you – it remembers you alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment