Sunday, July 5, 2026

HERBARIUM

By Yasen Vedrin
(A Motley Palette)

Inside my poor soul a herbarium of leaves
Reminds me of you with its colorful spaces.
The breath of the spring in your sweet smile achieves,
And you fold my heart in your summer embraces.

With small, gentle bundles of soft, glowing light,
The riddles are painted right into my keeping.
The leaves are now born. Memories of days, bright –
So endlessly tender, so fast and so fleeting.

The collection of leaves – heavy with love's art,
One after another its pages discloses.
And each recollection – like scrolls in the heart –
Into a wild fire within my eyes closes.

And how can I say that you aren't by my side,
When each single shade but completes your emotion?
If I were the Earth – by your leaves caught and tied,
I’d make a bright spring start to grow into motion...

If I were the Sky – with south winds I’d descend
To be a warm summer in palms that are slender.
And thousands of leaves once again would contend
In this fair herbarium of love, pure and tender.

My soul is completely filled up with each leaf.
A single tear gleams. No, I will not be crying...
I'm happy that even in eternity’s brief,
I’ll find you right there, if my gaze keeps on trying...

No comments:

Post a Comment