Monday, July 6, 2026

I AUTUMN...

By Yasen Vedrin
(A Potion of Sighs)

I autumn... Don't ask me for answers or why...
I am seasonally bound, it appears.
And a rainbow of leaf-fall is filling my eye,
And its magic is yours through the years.

I autumn... Subjected to rains of old traces,
Of days gone by, not to forget.
And a drizzling sky recites rhymes in my spaces
Of how green turns to yellow and wet.

I autumn... And within its wise, cyclical spinning,
The world covers me with its shade.
I am tired of youth in my dreams from beginning.
Perhaps old age is happily made.

I autumn... A silver bloom chases my track
From a radiant summer, now cold.
Embrace me! For life is a yearning turned back —
To transform all our silver to gold.

I autumn... Don't ask me for answers or why...
A gilded Yesenin, perhaps, in my soul...
And a barely perceived, subtle grief wanders by,
Making senses shed tears for the whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment