Sunday, July 5, 2026

A SPECK WITHIN THE EYE

By Yasen Vedrin
(Fireflies in the Palm)

If only this bright day could be a charm
And miracles would happen with no boundaries,
I would shrink down at once, safe from all harm –
Into the silken space your hair surrounds.

Bound tightly with a single hair around my waist,
I would descend down to your eyes so kind.
And after that I’d look, but late in haste, –
At what you hid from me within your mind.

You speak about a speck within your eye...
But tell me, is there truly such a part?
Should I become a Gulliver, to try,
Because a tear of secrets weights your heart?

That secret, filled with full impossibility,
In which even a single touch brings pain.
When everything grows complex with fragility,
And there's no meaning in the words "if" or "again".

That secret – meaning, all the kindness told,
Which never opens love or unlocks the gate.
Which passes by, untoward and so cold,
With all the craved-for things denied by fate...

I understand! We drift apart, we two!
A tiny speck within the eye divides.
And yet the day could be a magic view,
Where rains of miracles pour down from all the sides!

No comments:

Post a Comment