By Yasen Vedrin
(The Copper Bowl)
Madame Pride! I’m leaving you today!
Your fine, sophisticated drink I scorn.
With tiny sips of passion, as a prey,
You captured me; in Hell was Heaven born.
I used to wish your words would overflow,
And even wanted your stage-managed crown.
Upon your face no stain of sin would show,
You were a pure Madonna in my town.
What kind of blinded impulse did I find
To follow you, as quiet as a sigh?
Why was I weak before your words and mind,
Bound by your magic leash beneath the sky?
From all the brilliant glare your dishes start,
My soul forgot the place where it was born.
Those brothers who are wandering apart,
Whom nobody will praise or ever mourn.
Wretches and dogs in heavy mud that stay.
Even tramps who dig into the cinder pile...
...I choked upon an orange slice today.
I cannot drink your cocktail all the while.
Your glass made out of colored glass and light
I do not want before my pupils clear.
Even if I have a lineage, lost from sight –
With open covers I am standing here.
Inside my soul I’ll weep out every groan.
I’ll wipe away the tears of those in need.
Madame Pride! Farewell! No bow or throne!
Before your face my spirit shall not bleed!
No comments:
Post a Comment