Sunday, July 5, 2026

UNREACHABLE

By Yasen Vedrin
(Fireflies in the Palm)

Through some stubborn and persistent hope inside,
The kind of which is never found in me,
I discover you, though you remain and hide,
I envision you, though blinded I may be.

I touch your hand, although I am so far.
I fold you inside moments left alone.
A verse is lit, where all my heartbeats are,
Ready from ashes to build dreams unknown.

At least through them you’re living and you stay.
Accessible in pulse. Caressed in sleep.
Though with no ray or prospect on the way.
Although I am with you. And yet can't keep.

Sometimes even a mere image or view
Sculptures from marble beauty and its trace.
The statue stays like calls, forever true,
Born in a white-stone mouth inside this place.

They do not breathe, yet they are burning hot.
They say no words, and yet the verses turn.
I feel you. But you feel me not on spot.
I paint you with charcoal and sparks that burn.

I reach you, still unreachable and far.
I chase your soul, just like a star ahead.
Although I have you not, you are my star.
Traceless you are, but in me traces tread.

And in this line my soul I will disclose,
Even if left unread by your own breath.
I stay a breeze that loves the storm it knows,
A valley, by a mountain peak faced with death.

No comments:

Post a Comment