By Yasen Vedrin
(The Bird Within You)
Though I bow my grey head, full of sorrow and lines,
I abide with the Lord, as His Cross and decree.
Dolorosa is the Path… And it trembles and shines
In my verse born of pain. To the end it will be.
I will probably suffer from the time I have spent,
For the world wasn't won, and no medal I hold.
But why do I need brilliance, when it’s earthly and bent,
Gathering the praise of the mud, vain and cold?
Pilate loves himself now. And Barabbas they raise.
The conscience is washed in the bowl of a king.
I do not want a crown, and I scratch for no praise,
But I pray for my strength till the last day will ring.
Monte Carlo I avoid. And Dubai is no dream.
A too cheap of a snare for the flesh of mankind.
Mount Olivet calls me. Galilee sends its gleam,
And Christ is my Faith, and the Path that I find.
Just to carry one Cross will be a wonder alone,
For which a hundred long years of pure grief are well worth.
I have nothing that’s earthly, but the Lord is my own.
More precious than goods, dearer than life on this earth.
And I pray not with words, but with faith burning high:
God, grant me to walk with Your Son till I die!
Dolorosa is the Path! Dolorosa is the Gift!
And Golgotha is Meaning, the last Gate He will lift!
Let me pass through that Gate. Like a peak without time!
Like a Heavenly Song that my spirit once sang!
And then I will be clothed with Jesus, sublime –
Not in vain was I born, not in vain my life rang…
No comments:
Post a Comment