Tuesday, June 30, 2026

A NOTEBOOK FOR LOVE

By Yasen Vedrin
(Fulfilled Premonitions)

Search inside my poor memory, O love –
Old, worn pages of notebooks and space.
Find all wonderful balms from above,
And the paths to your measureless grace.

I am unable to turn back the time,
But I pray to you now... Take a look!
I’ve no call withered by anxious rime.
Your sweet days were a beautiful book!

Like a puzzle of pictures so bright
All the pieces inside me arrange.
Where you’re spring-like and blue in the light,
Leaving traces in grass without change.

Or where summer-hot touches are born,
In which palms turn to nests that are blessed.
And it’s so, oh so warm from that morn,
As if fire untamed reigns in the chest...

Do not skip any meetings or nights.
Every page that is in me just read.
And my eyes will become candlelights,
If through nights with my soul you will tread.

Do not cross out the errors of past.
Maybe through them my hair turned to white.
And forgive me, humanely and fast,
Even sins that are darkest to sight.

And when reaching the cover at last –
Shelter all of my memory near.
In my quill a bright spark is still cast
To light words and the dreams I hold dear.

Search me through! Let your spirit remain!
I have found no last word or goodbye...
You stay heavenly visible and plain,
Like a tender God's smile in the sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment