Thursday, June 18, 2026

MY EARTHLY SHELL!

By Yasen Vedrin
(Mortal Remains)

My earthly shell, so sorrowfully broken,
You stay as flesh, even through all your pain.
My red blood moves in you, a human token,
But other Blood restores my heart again.

To another Life my spirit now is turning,
And Holy are my thoughts of Endless grace,
While you resemble houses built of yearning –
A house a snail drags through time and space.

My earthly shell, I cannot yield or cover
This wide, materialistic world for thee.
I live with anxious worries hovering over –
That Adam’s ancient self in you I see.

That I must fight him with my Faith to bound him,
Until he humbles to his destiny's call.
So that my Heavenly desire around him
May light a fire to consume it all.

My earthly shell, so fragile and so breaking,
To mortal dust you walk your fated mile.
No long-term perspective can you be making,
And wrinkles bring no honor to your smile.

But when our sudden parting comes to wake us,
I want you quiet in the future sleep.
For with a faithful spirit you could make us
Walk long, before it flies into the deep.

My earthly shell! A boat for ocean spaces,
Which I have rowed until I reached the shore.
You stay as memory in my heart's embraces –
With you I was a dreamer evermore.

But comes the hour to leave you in the shadows,
After the many years that aged my mind,
Like pearls from mussels on the ocean meadows,
The Sky will lift me… Radiant and refined!

No comments:

Post a Comment