By Yasen Vedrin
(The Copper Bowl)
I do not play at dice with the Deceiver.
Do not assume this choice is just a right.
Once his authoritative die gets over –
It pulls and binds so many in its might.
And afterwards – just like a stringed puppet
The captured man betrays his own poor heart.
To be a living corpse where dead men sit,
And look as if his death became his part.
I would not ask great Goethe for advice –
How Mephistopheles tempts with his art,
But it’s enough my head through sacrifice
Refused a crown of fame for thorns apart.
And not for even one single moment’s trace
Will I whisper a call in demonic chaos.
And in the claws of that old cynic’s face
I will not be the learned doctor Faust.
Why is that so? Because I’m simple-born,
And simplicity holds me in its wonder.
The absinthe of my guest, whom I now scorn,
I would not sip for any price or plunder.
He holds a contract in his fingers high,
But with no seal from Christ's own Blood divine...
“...Absorb with thrills each calculated lie!
And lick the poison from your lips like wine!
I can bestow this world to be your gain.
Become your halo and your dark enigma.
Be like a nail to me! With you in pain
To burn within the holes of God’s own stigma...”
No, devil! Your accursed and wicked die
I do not want for fate and blinded madness.
You turned the world into a flea market high,
Where filthy crowds look at your stalls with gladness.
Though you are king of rulers in this land,
In your charisma of deceit and shame –
I do not play at dice with your own hand!
Go sink into the ground, from where you came!
No comments:
Post a Comment