Tuesday, June 23, 2026

THROUGH TIME

By Yasen Vedrin
(Pearl Seeker)

Through time I passed just like a verse is spun,
Born from the wounds that never found a heal.
I cured the pain of grieving souls undone.
I touched sad hearts, scattered and unreal.

I crossed my Rubicons, day after day.
And stretched the borders that impossible seemed.
I was Rodin’s white thinker on his way,
Gazing at anxious horizons that gleamed.

Alone I gathered feathers torn and shed.
I sewed them into wings – Daedalus, I guess.
And I could understand where birds were led,
Why they fly high in skies of golden bless.

I filled my hands with seashells from the shore –
The pearly tenderness that oceans start.
Why, where, how long, when did it open more –
Each answer found its shelter in my heart.

By ancient pathways tempted and enticed –
I looked for limits in the wood and stone.
And in an old, wise parable sufficed –
Like a bright lamp with burning flame alone.

I gave myself away – just like a rock
Turned into sand by waves that strike the shore.
Feathers and shells, the fire’s burning shock
Filled all my days with meaning evermore.

Through time I passed just like a verse is spun.
Upon my knees – before the wisdom past.
I do not know if self-forgiveness won,
But God’s own pardon is eternal and will last.

No comments:

Post a Comment