Thursday, June 18, 2026

AN OPEN BOOK

By Yasen Vedrin
(Pearl Seeker)

The deaf can see me, but they do not hear.
The blind can hear me, but they cannot see.
The fleshly rage with malice and with fear.
The weak offend in helpless misery.

Between the anvil and the hammer's blow,
I bear the heavy strikes that time has brought.
I do not judge the fallen here below.
The fading light I have not quenched or fought.

I wear no mask upon my human face,
And ask no share of someone else's fame.
If I lack bread – I'll seek the Father’s grace.
If I possess – no surplus keeps my name.

I do not hold the debts that humans owe,
And seek no speck within a brother’s eye.
I pay for all my errors as I go,
And swallow bitter cups without a sigh.

The secrets of my life I have unbound –
How to be full or starve within the shade.
The freezing ones my warming fire found.
The poor received the offering I made.

I do not mourn, on dunghills cast away,
And do not flinch, a target in the night.
I have my Faith, my Hearth along the way!
I have my Sun, my Universe so bright!

If I’m a traveler – the Path will end.
If I’m a wretch – it’s only for a space.
Let what is written now on me descend!
Let what is sought accept me in its grace!

The fate is wondrous. Like a song it flies.
Its music notes by Someone Else are penn'd.
I did not live for easy, carefree skies,
But for the Cross that did from heaven descend.

And in this world, this is enough for me.
The earned interest is up there, high above.
Inside my soul, the Open Book, you see –
The Lord is reading it with smiles of love…

No comments:

Post a Comment