By Yasen Vedrin
(The Bird Inside You)
“I am watching… You aren't from here, brother!
Where are you from? Just tell me, I pray!”
“I come here from a world like no other.
I’m an angel. From Heaven, to say!”
“And why did you descend in this shade?
Among hovels, where grief has no end…”
“For the good souls my heart is dismayed.
My white feathers to them I will lend.”
“Will each feather suffice for a soul,
So that man turns to God from his track?”
“He must only choose good as his goal,
And his hope will bring all spirit back…”
“Maybe he, just like you, will take flight…
Like a bird in the sky, wild and free.”
“Let him pardon all evil and spite,
Leave his cage and its narrow decree.”
“Give me, angel, a blessing so quiet,
And some feathers – to share your own call!”
“Go to man in the low, destitute riot,
Where the tears of the poverty fall!”
“I will give all your feathers out there,
But will new ones grow back on your skin?”
“Every angel finds temples to share,
Once Christ is beloved deep within…”
“Up above, down below… Eternity stays!
Even hearts can hold God in their zone!”
“Go now, traveler! My feathers will raise
And will wing your bright lyre, alone!”
“Will you come back again? Let me know!
I still want your great wings to behold!”
“Go now! Follow your path down below,
While I hide in the deeds you unfold…”
“I am leaving… The steep path is mud,
But I trust that the Lord sent you here…”
“We shall meet once again in the flood of the beyond –
Bright messengers, winged and clear!”
No comments:
Post a Comment